Blether, rants, tips and parenting disaster confessions from the Trout
- Midi Minx airily announcing at breakfast, “I am not a monster; my teachers say I’m lovely”. I lost my coffee and choked for a loooong time.
- The expression on Mini’s little face as you hold your arms out for her to jump into at the swimming pool. All 6 of those little teeth on display with a squeal that’s pure dolphin.
- Maxi whispering, “I love your knitting. You’re the cleverest Mummy in the world”. Ah, darling you won’t be saying that when you discover fashion.
- Realising you can’t get any wetter (when rained on for the 8th time that day) so stopping wincing against the rain. Then noticing it tastes a bit malty (!)
- The Boss bringing hot buttered toast, unbidden.
- I said, “The Boss bringing hot buttered toast, unbidden“
- (Damn, the telepathy link’s down again…Must be the stormy weather)