Maxi Minx’s favourite saying is “A-har me hearties!”, accompanied by an arm swing and wink. In honour of her endless love of all things pirate, I made a Pirate Dinner tonight.
It was just mashed potatoes, sausage, broccoli, carrot, gravy, but the kids loved it.
- Put the mash in the middle of the plate: ISLAND
- Cook the broccoli with long stalks still attached. Either lay it on the plate as a 2D palm tree or stick it in the island: PALM TREES
- Fry sausages and put them at the side of the potato in a cross: X MARKS THE SPOT
- Dribble gravy round the bottom of the mash: SEA (though Maxi informed me it was like the Midnight Zone, according to CBeebies’ Octonauts)
- Cut the carrots in rings and put in a high-sided container in the middle of the table, with a big spoon. Everyone has to serve themselves: DIG FOR TREASURE (GOLD COINS)
Maxi, Midi and The Boss were hugely tickled by it at least.